Founded in 1855, Penn State University was chartered by the Commonwealth as one of the nation’s first colleges of agricultural science, with a goal to apply principles to farming. Today Penn State University has 24 campuses state wide reaching a combined student body of nearly 100,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
In the fall/winter of 2012, Penn State University Main Campus implemented their Vehicular Directional Sign Program Overhaul. The program was comprised of five different “sign types”, totaling over 90 signs, and involved demolition of existing signage, as well as installation of the new signs.
Howard Industries PRIME Sign Program was able to utilize some of their existing aluminum signage system extrusions for the project, in addition to engineering new extrusions to meet Penn State University’s needs. With the newly designed extrusions, Howard Industries PRIME Sign Program was able to not only fabricate the signs more efficiently, but in turn created more user friendly adjustable systems for the end user. In addition, as a PA COSTARS member, Penn State was able to receive a discount on the signage through Howard Industries PRIME Sign Program’s PA Department of General Services Contract.
Howard Industries PRIME Sign Program has also furnished complete interior and exterior signage programs for several of Penn State University’s satellite campuses including: Beaver, Berks, Brandywine, Dubois, Erie, The Behrend College, Greater Allegheny, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Hershey, Lehigh Valley, New Kensington, Schuylkill, Wilkes-Barre, and Worthington Scranton.